Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Streamsong Red Hole 15

To see the entire write up go here


Par 4
474 | 453 | 402 | 291 yards

The number one handicap hole on the course is an uphill monster.  The fight starts off the tee where two bunkers are in play on either side of the fairway.  The bunker on the left, some 100 yards long, will be remembered by me as death's bunker.  My tee ball found it's nearly 20 foot depths.  The bunker on the right is also somewhere you don't want to descend into.
The teeth of this hole is its length.  After an elevated tee shot, the hole rises in its entirety to the green.  If you find one of the bunkers off the tee, it is a guaranteed layup- if you're lucky.


From the base of the tee grounds you can see how the hole's elevation fights you the entire way.

Start the climb up the fairway.

My view was more centered on the effects of my tee shot.  Here is the view as I approached the resting place of my tee shot.  The immeasurably deep left bunker.

At least they saw fit to put some stairs in.  My ball was located just to the left of the base of the stairs.  Looking up out of that bunker was a nasty proposition.

My Dad was luckier on his tee shot.  He found the center of the fairway, and a little bit of Florida sun peaking out.

A layup back out onto the fairway for me gives a view of the approach shot into the green.  A large bunker sits off to the left.  There is a little room to miss right.  The ground on that side also slopes back onto the green.

The green is a narrow but deep bean shape that slopes from back to front fairly aggressively.  Like the last, the back left corner falls away behind the green.  Make sure you take enough club to account for the uphill approach and the 40 yards of variation in the green's depth.

This hole tore me up.  After hitting into the left bunker, I was able to lay up out into the fairway.  My ball found the left green side bunker again.  I was able to escape but with my first double on the back.


Back to Streamsong Red Hole 14

Ahead to Streamsong Red Hole 16

No comments:

Post a Comment