Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Streamsong Blue Hole 9

To see the entire write up go here


Par 5
575 | 541 | 510 | 453 yards

The 10th offers a beautiful blind tee shot (yes I really just said that).  On the right your view is dominated by three stacked bunkers running up the hill ahead.  That ridge hides all that lays beyond.  Relax, like the rest of the course, the fairway here is wide.

Playing just to the left of the bunkers is the proper line.  It is 220 yards to carry the middle bunker from the tips.

Even if you manage to not clear those bunkers off the tee (Dad) there is plenty of room to find the fairway!

Climbing the crest you can see how large those bunkers really are.  You still can't yet see what lays ahead.

Finally atop the crest of the hill you can see the hole stretches straight ahead.  A grove of trees actually comes into play towards the hole as they run up the left side.

I had hit a really goo drive here and had about 230 in.  I decided I didn't like the look of the bunkers that sat in front of the slightly elevated green.  I decided to lay up with a 4 iron that I struck pure- and nearly too well into the sand I was trying to avoid!  Happily my luck held and I had just a short chip to the green.

The green is protected well across its front for those attempting to reach home in 2.  You will need to carry these bunkers in the air to reach the green, raised up from the rest of the fairway.  The trees on the left will only come into play for those who hit a wild shot off line.  The angle from that side is the easier route than from the right side, as you must carry the bunkers from there.  However, from that right side you may have a better angle into the green which is positioned to expose its length more from the right.


A rare sight in the round, all balls on in regulation and fairly close to the hole!
Starting the second 18 of the day I played the front nine OK.  I hit 4/7 fairways and was 6/9 in GIR!  Unfortunately, putting on the more challenging Blue greens was not better.  I had 19 putts with two 3-putts.  Two doubles on 3 and 8, and a pair of bogeys on 5 and 6 gave me a 42.

Go back to Streamsong Blue Hole 8

Ahead to Streamsong Blue Hole 10

No comments:

Post a Comment