Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Golfing the Links at Northfork

I didn't have my camera with me today when I played the Links at Northfork in Ramsey.  My first time out to the course this year and it is great as ever.  I really like this course.  It is on the Common Man card, and is one of the top courses on the card as far as value goes.

Today was a bit of a challenge from the get go.  The links has a lot of tall fescue off the fairways and it was so thick that if it went in at all it was virtually guaranteed to be lost.

A week from today we have our big Girard tournament.  We play from the white tee during that tournament so that is what I decided to play today to get acclimated.  During the tournament playing from the whites leaves a lot of 100 yard and in second shots.  Not exactly my favorites.  I really like to play this course from the black tees as it lengthens the course well.  (That is if I am playing well)

Today I found a few too many balls in the fescue and as a result I shot an 87.  Maybe a little more practice is needed.  We will be back out here next Friday for a warm up round.

No comments:

Post a Comment