Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 11 of the Columbia Golf League- Match play week 9

Yesterday was week 8 of match play at Columbia.  A beautiful, if a bit hot, evening for playing the front 9.  We had the first tee time of the night which is always nice.
After my round Sunday at Loggers trail I feel completely un-confident about my game.  On Tuesday I video recorded my swing at the range to see if I could spot what I am doing wrong.  Boy could I.  Somewhere along the way my swing as fallen apart.  I am taking my club waaaaayyyyyyy outside and around my body on the take-away, leaving my shot to have to swing sharply outside to in on impact.  Results are obvious.  Fades/slices and an all around ugly game.

My camera has a super slow motion camera and I used it to compare my swing in key spots against some golf digest swing sequences of pros.  it is a joke how out of position I am on my take away.

Anyways with this in my head I went out to play in league.  The results were not that great- but I felt my swing and my shots were a lot better, even if the results were not.  I ended up 9 over, with 1 par, one double and the rest bogeys.

Luckily Michael was there to carry our team and we ended up pushing on the front but winning the back and total hole bonus point for 4 points.  I helped win a total of 1 hole in the end with my par on 9.

Even though my score was no better than Loggers Trail, my performance was.  I feel like I have been able to self-correct my self.

After the round I went to the range to test out a few things and was actually hitting the ball well.  I was especially happy with my driver, which after my swing changes were shaping really nice with a lot more height to them and even that mythical draw action on a couple.

I will be hitting the range tonight to keep working on ingraining my swing in preparation for the big Girard tournament this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment