Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Golfing Inverwood

Sunday I went out with my dad to play Inverwood.  A rainy start to the day, it cleared off nicley during the round. 

This is still one of my favorite courses.  The variety of holes is incredible.

 The rolling downhill tee shot on number 1.

 The pretty second hole is reminiscent of northern Minnesota golf with the stand of pines on the left.

My dad hitting on the long, narrow downhill 5th tee.
 The approach on 5 is no cake walk.

The green on 6 and my wife's favorite pot bunker :)
 
The uphill 11th.
 
 The green on 11.

The hardest par 3 in the metro area.   Hole 13.  240 yards.  Yes that is the green down the hill and through the woods.

The green on 13 is large with a huge drop off in front.
 
 The stepped fairway on 14 is pretty unique.

 The tee shot to the dogleg par 5 15th.

 My dad's tee shot on 15 landed in one unlucky spot!

 At the turn on 15.

 The pretty par 3 17th

 And the finish on 18 over the pond.

After getting beat up by Edinburgh USA I played well here from the blues, shooting an 80.  Quite a good score with a slope rating of 73/2/144.

No comments:

Post a Comment