Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sort of Golfing Chaska Town Course

For my Wife Lisa's birthday we headed out to the Chaska Town course to get her free birthday round.  We ate at Charlie's grill before hand for some of the best onion rings you will ever have.
I still cant get over the view from Charlie's grill overlooking the 18th hole.  I often wish I had one of the houses on this hole so I could have this view every day.

Anyways the day started off well and eating out on the patio was nice.  We went to the practice green and noticed to the west the sky starting to darken.  We went to the first tee with a little trepidation.  From the tee, the sky looked great until you turned around and looked behind you.

Here Lisa is warming up as I am running for the storm shelter.

I was playing with my Dad, Lisa, and her brother Jeremy.  Since we are all members of the optimists club, we decided to play on, hoping the clouds would drift south of us.

I played the first hole well and made par.

Here, Jeremy is teeing off.  Sharp eyed observers might notice a small tuft of grass in front of the tee flying up.  Yes Jeremy bounced-drove this one.  Only his second time out this year.

The rain started on the green on hole 2.  We played on through holes 3,4, and 5.  After hole 5 we were all pretty wet and the group ahead was not in a hurry so we decided to call it quits.

All in all, I was only 1 over through 5.  It was probably a good thing that we did not finish as I have a big tournament coming up and I don't want my handicap falling to much.

We received rain checks, so on the bright side we get to come out again.


No comments:

Post a Comment