Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Week 7 of the Columbia Golf League- Match play week 5

In my absence, we had a bit of a dry spell.  I would like to think that had I been around we could have earned a few points but that is not bloody likely the way I am playing right now.  Uggh. With Vigen having to fend off the wolves by himself, he managed to get blanked in week 3 of match play.  He was playing against a guy who wouldn't concede any putts.  Michale ended up missing one 10 inch put when he tried to tap in without stepping in another players line.  Sounds like kind of a d-bag.

Week 4 of match play, Michale had to go out of town for work so suprisingly we failed to earn any points that week either.

So here comes week 5.  I have not toouched a club since May 16th so I feel a little awkward swining the club.  Plus, I am coming down with some kind of bug so a fun round should be in store.

We played against only one guy, Blake.  his partner did not show.  Blake is a 3 handicap, same as me, and his partner was a 9, which is the same as Vigen so this matchup could have been epic.  Problem is Blake played to his handicap and I no where near mine.

We quickly lost the first 2 holes as blaked drained some good putts to save par on both holes.  Holes 3 and 4 we ended up pushing thanks to Vigen getting strokes.

We continued to push on 5 and 6. 

Hole 7 Blake won.

Going to the 8th hole he were staring down the face of another shutout.  Again luckily for team good guys, Vigen stroked and tied Blake's par with a bogey.

So entering the ninth we needed to win to save face and get one point.  Luckily Blake beat himself.  he scored a 6 and both Vigen and I got 5s. 

Victory!!

Our one point did not do a lot to move us up in the standings.  After our previous dry spell we are now sitting in 18th place out of 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment