Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Playing Dahlgreen

We headed out to the rural side of Chaska today to play Dahlgreen golf course.  This is my second time playing here.  I played one time last year.  This course is one of the courses on the common man card.  One thing about this course are the really well kept greens.  The layout of the course is not the best but it is challenging thanks to a lot of trees and a fair amount of bunkers and elevation changes.

The first hole is a dogleg left that has only tree trouble to contend with.

The second hole is a par 3 with plenty of sand short and long.

The third shot is a dogleg right that requires either a towering shot to cut the dogleg or a 3 wood off the tee to prevent going through the dogleg.

If you can cut the corner, you have a chance into the green, like I did.

The green is unprotected but fairly small and hard to hold from a distance.

By far the best hole on the course is the par 4 10th.  The view from up on the tee to the green below is great.  In the fall the trees on this hole are really beautiful.

The 18th is a dogleg right off the tee that is an uphill blind shot the entire way to the green on your second.

At $34 for 18 this course is a pretty good deal.  The greens have been consistently good both times I played here.  Today I didn't play my best, including breaking the shaft of my 4 iron on a tree on the 11th.  I ended up carding an 87.

No comments:

Post a Comment