Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Golfing Inverwood

Today I played Inverwood Golf Course in Invergrove Heights.  We teed off at 10:00 to try to get out a little earlier since it was supposed to get in the mid 90s for the high.  My Dad and I played the front nine with another father and son pair.  It was a fairly slow round as the other pair were not the best golfers.  My dad had to quit after nine as he had another commitment in the afternoon.  To take his place, my wife arrived to play the back half with me.  The other 2-some that played with us on the front did not continue, so it was just Lisa and I on the back.

It was pretty fun to be able to play with just her and I.  We have not golfed together just the two of us in a pretty long time.  The weather was pretty nice and while it did top 90, there was enough wind that it did not feel too hot.  I played OK but since coming back I have now developed a hook to my ball flight.  At least I feel like I am striking the ball a little bit more solid then my first round back from vacation at Columbia.

Today I shot 85.  A couple of notable events from the round.  I chipped in on one for par.  On holes 2 and 3 I had birdie putts from within 5 feet but missed them both.  I did manage one bird, on 13.  Besides that, a fair amount of pars but too many bogeys.  I also carded 2 double bogeys when I lost a ball on each of those holes.

Lisa teeing off on Hole 12.  The view here is a lot different then the blue tees which are 100 feet above the green and 240 yards away.
That tiny green wa y down there is hole 12, which is one of the longest par 3s I have played.



Heres me off the tee on 16.  Absolutely impossible to find a ball in here.

The pretty 17th hole. A par 3 with littel room for erorr on either side.

No comments:

Post a Comment