Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Playing Inverwood

My Dad and I played the front nine at Inverwood today on an absolutely perfect weather day for golf.  The temps have dropped along with the humidity.  The sun was out with no wind. 

I played really well, shooting a 39.  I had 3 great shots: 
  1. On hole 3 I went into the long grass left off the tee.  I had around 175 yards in and hit it out cleanly and just in front of the green.  I chipped on and got down for par.
  2. On hole 4 I hit my drive dead straight 305 yards.
  3. On hole 8 I faded my tee shot left but it hit a tree and dropped down in play.  I had 190 yards from basically a bare dirt lie and hit it up on the green.  I ended up 3 putting but that second shot was a thing of beauty.
We played with a another single who brought his girlfriend along to drive their cart.  I guess at least it was a nice day to ride along.

My dad didn't have such a good day on the putting greens.  He had one hole with an 8 putt!  Don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment