Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Columbia Mens League playoffs week 3


The final week of the Men's League was tonight.  A warm day but at least there was not a lot of humidity.  Joe couldn't make it so we played with only John.  We took on the back nine.  I had to redeem myself after one of my worst nine of the year, the last time I played the back, when I shot a 47.

I had a pretty good round but limped home with 3 over par on the last 3 holes.  I finished with a 41, net 37.

Vigen played well.  He tweaked his back last night so was not swinging too hard and it really helped him.  Even swinging slower he was hitting the ball deep.  On 17 he almost got an ace.  It bounced once and hit the stick but kicked left about 4 feet.  I wiont say what happened next but that was a sweet tee shot!

Here is Vigen with his lucky burrs.  With those on he almost made his hole in one.  Had he made it, they never would have come off.

Congratulations to Dan and Mark.  They won the regular season championship.

It was not official when I left but it looks like Gary and Scott won the playoffs.
I think Mark probably won the individual playoff round too, with his net 31.  Nicely done.

Another fun year of golf is over.  Fall is coming.  The state fair is upon us and the trees have twinges of color in them.
 
For Michael and I, better luck next year hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment