Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gofing Mississippi Dunes

Friday I was able to leave work in the afternoon again and get out to Mississippi Dunes. 


Last weekend I mentioned to my dad that I saw he was playing with Ping blades and told him that blades are known for the ability to shape shots but also are the hardest and least forgiving clubs.  That put a bug in his ear and on Thursday he went out and got a new set of Calloway irons.  Being eager to try them out he was able beg for time off too and we both went out there.


I played from the member tees which is a combination of the white and blue tees.  Mostly, using the blue tees.  The difference between blues and whites is roughly 500 yards (6509 vs 6009).  The member tees split this difference at 6343 yards.  The extra 334 yards are hard ones though. 


All day I struggled to hit greens in regulation and ended up with only 3 pars on the front and 3 pars on the back.  I did manage to get a birdie on the long par 5 13th.  After a 300 yard drive I was able to hit a 3 wood 235 yards or so just to the front of the green.  I was bale to get up and down from there for a bird, about the only real highlight of the day.  I did make a 40 foot par save from the fringe on the par 3 12th but it really didn't feel that good since my tee shot was awful and put me in the mess I had to save par from.

All in all I shot a 87- 44 out and 43 in.  Not terrible but one of my higher rounds recently.

Here are some pics from the day.


The view back up 1.


A view of the massive moung the number 2 green sits on.  Missing the green here is really not good.  Missing right will loose your ball into the Mississippi.


From the back tees on 3.  A mighty poke to make the tree at the top of the hill from back here.


The green on 3 is no easy task getting to- or keeping on.


My dad on the par 3 9th.


The 9th from the deck of the clubhouse.


Missing the various bunkers on 10 is not easy.



Hole 13, my shining moment of the day.


Hole 14's green and the pot bunker short of the green.


The rough on Hole 16 where my dad hid his tee shot.


A view of the green on 16.  Wish I could par this one every once in a while...


Hole 18 and the end of the road, or at least of the path.


Fall is in the air, and so are the geese.  It wont be long before frost delays and fallen leaves come into play.

No comments:

Post a Comment