Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Playing The Links At Northfork

On Friday I had the chance to take a half day from work and go out to the Links at Northfork in Ramsey for a round on a glorious day weather wise.

I played with a couple of guys, Roger, was a professor from the U of M.  He was 75 and really had a pretty good game still though not a lot of length.  Steve, his friend, was a really good golfer.  It was a really fun time playing with them, we had a great time.  We even had some friendly wagering on shots towards the end of the round.

Today I played with the other guys from the Green tees, which are not the tips but one up from there.  This is the first time I have played that set

The opening par 5 hole 1.
The green on 2.


Hole 3 from the tee.


The par 3 4th hole.




The infamous Hole 5.  I went for it and made it over the hill.  Steve tried too but came up short.





The wide open, par 4, hole 6.  Except for the bunkers and fescue and OB...


The bi-polar hole 7.  Split greens.  Today was played to the right one.



Hole 9.  I consider this hole my nemesis after choking on my drive in the Girard tournament playoff.  Come to think of it, I rarely have a good drive here.  In fact, I don't think I have ever been tempted to go for it in 2.



Hole 10, I hit a great drive here and from the green tees barely cleared the waste bunker on the corner.


The green on the par 3 12th. Back back back.  I hit far left into the grass off the tee here but found my ball, hit on and knocked down my putt for par!




The tree hole, number 13.





Mr Bad, hole 14 is where the Links turns into the woods.  Someday Il will play this hole to par...


Mr Evil, the hated par 4 15th.  With its dogleg left taunting you I truely despsie this hole.  I hope to come away with just a bogey.  Today it was a double.



16 gets a little easier.  Just do not hit left.  We had a game during the round to try hit the island off to the left from the tee.  Whoever hit it won a dollar from the others.  We all missed on the first try.  On the second both Steve and I hit it (I used a 3 iron) and we called it a draw.


17, is a tough par 3 always into the wind. Severley sloped this green is tough once on.  Both Steve and I hit to the lower left cornedr of the green.  They would have been good shots but the pin was back right.  Up a huge hill and acorss the slope.  We resumed our dollar bet on who could get down with a par.  Neither of us did.  We both three putted.



The final par 4 18th.  I missed the bunkers left (a rarity) and found the fairway.  One shot over the water and onto the green.  Missed my bird but had a easy par finish.

With the round over there was still plenty of light so I decided to play the three hole practice loop.  I finished my round with an 83.  A really solid round especially from the green tees.



The first practice hole a par 4 at around 320 yards.


The second practice hole is a par 3 at around 170 yards.


The final hole is another par 4.

A great end to the day, I finished the practice loop at one over.  The more I play this course the more i enjoy it.  I have one more free round left on the common man card to get in here.  I can't wait.

We have plans to play 2 rounds here at the end of September.  I will be getting one more practice round in before then at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment