Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

The trip of a lifetime

My friends Jeff Jiovanazzo and Ryan Harrington recently took a guy trip to Scotland to play all of the famous courses.  An unbeleivable chnace of a lifetime.  He and the other fellows have written about their travels here.
http://thehomeofgolf.blogspot.com/

One quick excerpt from Jeff, on playing St. Andrews on the final day of the trip, that sums up the whole trip and makes me green with envy:

"I shot 84 with the crazy hole being #6.  It's a short par 4 and I hit a tee shot right down the middle leaving me 70 yard to the pin.  We walk up to my ball and my caddie pulls out the putter.  He said he saw Jack Nicklaus putt from 120 yards out in the British Open ten years ago and he made par.  I reminded my caddie that I'm no Jack Nicklaus and told him that he should be well aware of that by now since he's been carrying my bag for 5 holes.  I told him it would make for a great story regardless of what I scored so I grabbed the putter, stared down the line I was given and hammered a putt like never before.  It snaked up, over and around mounds of grass and fescue before eventually making its way onto the front of the green.  I was able to two putt from there and for a moment in time play golf like Jack Nicklaus.  "

No comments:

Post a Comment