Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Columbia Golf League Week 8

This week Mike is in Washington D.C watching the US Open.  That means this week for golf I had to take on our opponents solo.  Going into this week Mike and I were still number one in the league by 1/2 a point.  Not bad since we got shut out last week.  This week we played Frank Miske and Mike Smith.  I arrived late due to work and had to tee off while my opponents were already in the fairway.

Mike was an 18 handicap and Frank was an 8 so I was going into the match having to give 21 strokes.  I ended up parring the first three holes and took the first two.  They won the third hole with their strokes and we pushed on hole 4.  That gave me the first points of the round.  On holes 4-8 I ran off 5 consecutive bogeys.  Two of the holes should have been pars but two pad putts prevented that. So on the last five holes I won 2 holes and they won 3.  They took the second set of points for the round but we ended up both winning 4 holes and split the remaining point to split the total points at 2.5 a side.

Again, I played a solid round. If it weren't for the two bad putts I had I would have shot a 38. Still I managed a 40.  I am just happy that when Mike gets back I won't have to tell him we got blanked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment