Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Columbia- League Playoff Week 3

The final week of the Minneapolis Men's league playoffs was tonight. We were back to the front 9.  This week not only concluded the 2 out of 3 team low net competition but also throws in a single round low net winner.

Michael and I didn't fare too well.  I played pretty good off the greens but just couldn't get the speed on the putting surface.  I think they have stopped cutting the greens with the extreme heat and as a result I was leaving almost everything short.
If you were to look at my card it loos pretty good with 7 of 9 GIR (and one which was just on the fringe).  The only problem was the putting.  Yuck.  I ended up with a 43.

It was another fun year in the league.  It was great weather this year.  We didn't have a single rain out, though the beginning of the league was delayed by cold weather and the course not being open.

On a side note the sand bagger award this year goes to Brian Murn for shooting a net 29 with a  9-hole 12 handicap and a gross 41 on the final week.

No comments:

Post a Comment