Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Columbia- League Playoffs week 1

The first week of the playoffs was yesterday for our league.  We hacked around OK but didn't do that great. 

I had a 40 with 2 stupid 3 putts.  My new putter continues to rock but my pace was a little off on the first hole where I left my putt some 12 feet short on an uphill putt.  On hole 3 I had a down hill putt that was a lot quicker than I thought and ran my first putt past 10 feet.
Michael managed a 45 with a bevy of doubles.

Our 5th place regular season finish earned the 3rd tee time and paired us with Mike and Tony.  Mike broke his toe and has not played for a month and won't be here for the rest of the year so Tony was at it alone. 
They are clearing out some trees on the 5th tee, getting some air and light onto the teeing area.  This has also opened up a view of the 4th green, shown here.
This is also the second day since the course re-arranged the layout.  Based on the old routing the new front nine were holes 1-5 and then 15-18.  The back nine is now what used to be 10-14 and 6-9.


 Michael hitting his third on the now 6th hole (previously the 15th).

 A view from atop the hill on the now 7th hole (previously the 16th).

And what used to be a pretty finishing hole is now the ninth.

No comments:

Post a Comment