Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Columbia- League Week 13

The second to last week of regular season league was today at Columbia Golf Course.  Michael and I dropped to 5th place after only earning 1 point last week. 
This week was the front 9. After last week I was hoping to bounce back to the form I had in week 11 when I shot a 36 on the front.  Today had pretty windy conditions though that made scoring difficult.
We played against Paul and Jay.  Here, Paul is preparing to tee of on the par 4 second hole.
After a par start I tried a difficult shot on 2 that eventually led to a triple.  Ick!  The rest of the day this is the only birdie I saw.  This guy was perched on a tree to the right of the 4th fairway.

I did have one high point of the day.  After a 300 yard drive down the middle on the par 5 7th, I hit a 6 iron just left of the pin.  Unfortunately it flew long and I ended up 10 yards over the green in 2.  Unfortunately I failed to get up and down for bird but had an easy par.

On a good note, my putter continues to be hot.  I feel so confident over mid to short putts.  I hit a lot of putts right on line but too short.  So my aim is great, I just need to get the speed down on Columbia's uphill putts.

We ended up splitting the points this week at 2.5.  I am sure that is not enough to move up.  next week I will be in Canada and Michael is playing another course so we will for sure be falling in the standings.  I would guess we should be one of the first 3 or 4 tee times for the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment