Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Columbia- League Week 10

So week 10 is in the books and this is my first blog post about the entire year.  Sorry, but I am way behind.  This week we played one of the most fun pairings in the league, Matt and Tom.  This year we have had good luck on the back nine, averaging many more points there than the front.  By we I mean Michael.  Other than a couple of rounds I posted 39s this year has been rubbish city for me.  Michael has gotten a severe hump in his back from carrying me around this year.

 Tom tees off on hole 10.  I hit a great drive then pulled my second shot right which found the cart path and lots o trouble.  I ended up with a triple.  One bad shot can really mess with your game!

Hole 11 flooded again this year with the heavy rains we had.  This was the first week of it being open again.
 The fairway is heavily damaged and finding the high spot in the fairway with grass remaining is a luck break indeed.

Hole 15, the par 5.  After snap hooking my driver all day I broke out my 3 wood and hit a missile right down the middle about 280 down the middle.  On my second shot I thought I would lay up with a 5 iron.  I was 230 yards out but ended up absolutely smushing one.  My second ended up just past the green.  A 230 yard 5-iron?  Hmmm.
The 15th is having the right side green-side bunker extended.  It is becoming longer encircling the front edge of the green and stretching to the back edge of the putting surface.

We ended up losing the front 2 and 1.  On the back we rallied.  I made birdie on 17 to seal the 2 points for the back side.  On the 18th I was the only one to find the fairway, on a 290 yard drive.  My second shot was right on line but 20 feet short.  I made par which was a push, with Tom receiving a stroke from me.
All in all it was a really fun round.  After going 6 over on the first 3 holes I played the others even par.  I played really well and feel like I am striking the ball better and better.  I just need to keep myself out of trouble to take advantage.

The weather tonight was brilliant.  The opponents were fun, and we split the points at 2.5 each.  Right now we are in 5th place with 4 more weeks to go until playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment