Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Columbia- League Week 12

We had been fairly strong on the back 9 lately so we entered into this week hopeful for our chances this week.  I blew up with an 8 on the first hole though.  Luckily Michael played it well and we ended up winning the hole with his par.

From there we went downhill, similar to the fairway on hole 11.
You can see here the damage from the flooding that occurred in early July.  We pushed the second hole and then lost on the third hole.

Next we came to the dreaded 13th.  This hole always seems to be our downfall.
I hit a great drive with a 3 wood right down the middle and then an iron onto the front of green.  I proceeded to hit a firm putt that hit the hole but had too much speed that ran by.  I hit a good comeback putt that didn't move like I thought.  I ended up with a horrendous bogey after 4 really good shots.  Ouch.  We ended up losing the hole and thus the front half 2 to 1.

On the back half of the match we ended up pushing every hole.
Here you can see the greenside bunkers on 15 are being expanded quite a bit.  This is the general direction of the course lately, with larger greens and larger bunkers.
I just missed a bird on 17 so 18 was the last hope to win a hole and split the points.  I made par but one of our opponents made bogey, with a stroke, for a push.

The total ended up being 2 holes to 1 for the match.  We received a single point and gave up 4 points.  Had I made my putt on 13 and my putt on 17 we could have walked away with 4.  Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment