Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Columbia- League Week 11

My wing man was missing this week, since Michael is up north camping at Cross Lake.  So I had to face Mitch and Darren on my own.
I played really well.  Carrying over my play from Northfork, I shot a very steady round.
I made birdie on the first hole with a great drive, a good chip and a 2 foot putt.  I ended up bogeying the third with a three putt to fall to even par.

I had another three-puke on the par 3 fifth hole shown here for another bogey.

Hole 7 I nearly chipped in for an eagle when my pitch from the location of this picture hit the flag stick but didn't drop.  I made the bird though.

All in all it was a fun time.  Great opponents, and even though it was Vietnam hot, our round was fairly quick since we had the first tee time.

I ended up with a one over 36.  My best round in league ever.  It was only enough to split the points for the week at 2.5. I was happy about that, since I was flying solo.

In my last 54 holes I have finally started scoring, with 8 birdies in that stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment