Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Second week of league play at Columbia

Week 2, the last warm up week before match play starts. 

The theme this week was plinko.  The greens had been aerated and while they didn't lose a lot of speed, trying to hold a line was a joke.




Michael and I played with Matt and Joel a couple of league newbies and young whipper snappers.  They could hit the ball a freaking mile.  Seriously.  I don't think I am that short of a hitter, while I would like to get longer, I can drive it 300 occasionally.  They were consistently hitting their drives 40-50 yards past me.  They had towering high shots too which was cool to see.  My flight is so low I think I do lose some distance.

Anyways I played OK, though I was not hitting down on the ball all day.  I don't think I hit one shot that really felt good.  I made bogey on every single hole.  I only made a GIR once and three putted.

Michael is suffering from a bad back and he still is in the middle of swing changes so he was all over as well.


Luckily aside from their rather imposing drives, Matt and Joel's games were pretty rough.  We all hacked around the course pretty well.

We finished the round earlier than the last week and I made it home before dark.  It still took close to 3 hours to play which is just ridiculous but at least we got out.

The vultures are circling my game, well hawks are at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment