Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Week 3 of the Columbia Golf League- Match play week 1

The first week of match play has come for our Columbia golf league.  We faced Joe and John, though Joe was not there.  Instead, John brought his co-worker Milo.

We played the back 9 this week.  This was the first time I have played the back 9 since last year.  I was interested to see how 11 has recovered from the flood.

The round started off a little weak.  Both John and  Michael pulled their tee shots into the parking lot.  We did not hear any glass shattering and we were off.  I hit an OK tee shot that faded left.  For my second shot I was slightly blocked from a shot at the pin by a tree.  I did manage to hit the front of the green.  I managed to get up and down for par. We ended up winning the hole with my par.

On hole11 I topped my drive and Michael hit short and right.  We both hacked around and John ended up winning the hole.

He won the next hole, 12, too with a par when Michael and I both bogeyed.

From there it went sharply down hill.  I limped along getting bogeys or doubles for the rest of the round.

I did manage a nice drive on 16. I drove it 290 and had a good shot in but I actually hit my shot right and it rolled down the drop-off on that side of the green.  I failed to save par so the drive really didn't make me feel any better.

On 17 I missed a short par putt after being just off the green on my tee shot.

18 I hit another good drive and had about 110 yards to the pin.  I hit it about 15 feet from the pin but failed to make a fairly easy birdie putt. I did save par.

With 2 pars, I ended up being 10 over on the other 7 holes.  Not good.  Also, my league handicap is reflective of my overall handicap so I am a 3 handicap in the league.  I don't think I am going to be much help this year, unless I keep playing the way I did and my handi balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment