Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week 1 of the Columbia golf league play-offs

With our regular season victory, we earned the first slot in the play-offs, a 5:00 PM tee time.  We played the front nine.

This week I had a horrendous day off the tee.


On my first 2 holes I popped my driver up and advanced less that 200 yards each time.
On the 3rd hole, a par 3 I skulled my shot over the green.
On 4, I hit a 3 wood low and it hit the grass about 60 yards off the tee and rolled another 60 yards.
On 5, the second par 3 I hit a sweet 4 hybrid 195 yards short of the pin by 8 feet but missed my bird.
On 6, driver again and a severe hook that died but rolled out 200 yards.
On 7 another driver popup that managed to get about 230 yards on it.
On 8 a 40 yard wide par 3 the pin was far right and I aimed right at it, only to hit a horrendous fade that missed the green left.
On 9 I hit driver for the first time on this hole, popped it up with a high fade that luckily hit a tree and stayed in play.

Seriously that was awful.  I managed to recover for the most part on a lot of the hole and was actually only 2 over going into 7 but bogeyed the last 3 holes for a round of 40.  For the week we ended with a net score of -2.  Definitely not in the lead for the playoffs I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment