Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Playing Rush Creek again

Last Thursday I had a chance to play Rush Creek with my friends Chung, Ruju, and Michael.  We had a 4:10 tee time which let us play at the twilight rate, $49.  The course was in great shape as usual, a good thing with the $109 green fee rates.  The weather was great and so the course was packed.  The round started slowly as the group in front was none too fast.  They sped up eventually but I was a bit nervous about finishing before dark.  We did finish before darkness descended but just barely.  A group behind us was able to play the last hole too but if there was anyone behind them it would have been really close.

As to my play during the round, I struck the ball fairly well.  I have been developing a slice/fade that is robbing me of a lot of distance lately but during this round I was able to straighten that out mostly and had a great day driving the ball.  The greens were very quick and it took me a while to get used to them.  I had a couple of 3 putts on the day, something I always hate.

All in all I played OK.  I felt bad about my score as I felt like I hit the ball well.  I just didn't score well.  I missed a lot of birdie opportunities, if just a couple of those had fallen I would have had a great round.  As it was I only shot a 86, ESC adjusted to 85.

 The clubhouse and practice green.  A busy day at the creek.

 Mike tempts the water on the left side of number 8.  Watch out for gators!

 Raju with a nice looking pre-impact position on 9.  This shot was down the middle nicely.

 Chung with a nice high finish on 10.



 The 18th as seen from the tee and the green.

 My cabin behind the 5th hole was too small to hold our after round drinks so we stopped at the clubhouse.

 This was kind of a send off for Raju who is going back to India.  Right now his plans are to stay there permanently but hopefully we will meet again.  Good luck to him, his wife, and their new son.

No comments:

Post a Comment