Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Golfing Columb ia one more time

In 5 days we head to Giants Ridge for an annual family tradition.  This weekend I took my dad and wife out to Columbia.  I wanted to erase some of the memories from league on the course and this would be a nice way to warm up for the big trip.

It was a beautiful day today.  Teeing off on the first tee.

One of my favourite holes on the course is actually the second hole.  A straight away par 4 with an enormous rise to the green at the end.
 A view of the green on the second hole seen from the 7th tee.  I just think this hole is so distinct and it is always a challenge to judge your approach to the green while hitting from so far below on the fairway.

 Lisa hit her tee shot right over the top of the par 3 3rd hole.  You can see her ball mark right over the stick.  She made bird.

 After carding her bird, Lisa ropes her tee shot on the 4th tee.

 The roses were in bloom on the par 4 7th hole.  This is the highest spot on the course and one of the highest points in the city of Minneapolis.

 A view of the skyline is the backdrop for the par 4 10th hole.

And finally my dad teeing off on the par 5 16th hole.

I exercised my demons today on the course.  I ended up carding a 76 with an even par back nine that consisted of one birdie and one bogey.  I am feeling really good about the Giants Ridge trip with my driver rock steady and my iron game really starting to get confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment