Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Playing Mississippi Dunes

This Friday was a gorgeous day.  I went out to Cottage Grove to play my final round of my Common Man Golf Card at Mississippi Dunes.  I almost didn't get a tee time.  Apparently it was such a nice day that everyone took the day off to golf.  I was told in the pro shop to join a threesome that just headed to the first tee.

I quickly walked to the first tee where a foursome was teeing off.  I waited for them to tee off and then asked the starter about the threesome I was supposed to join.  He said they were already on the 2nd tee.  I told him I would skip the first 2 holes and meet them on 3 and quickly headed to catch up.

Fortunately the threesome had to wait on the second tee for the group ahead.  I caught them just as the last of them teed off.  I asked if it was OK to join them and they said sure thing.

I was introduced to Curt, Steve, and Jason.  They were three co-workers from the VA hospital.  They were all great to play with.  They invited me to ride in their cart and even offered me beers!  Woot!

I have decided that Mississippi Dunes is close to the prettiest course in the twin cities.  It is a bear to play with the domed greens but it sure makes for some great picture taking.

Here is an ariel view of the course, based on Google Maps.  Hope you don't mind Mr. Google.
 
 The tee shot on hole 1.
 A view up the fairway on 1.
 The green on 1 with the bunkers behind.
 A view back down the 1st hole.
 The par 3 second hole adjacent to the Mississippi River.
 I hit it tight into the second hole.
 The domed green on the par 5 3rd.
 The small domed green on the par 5 7th.
 The tee shot on the par 4 8th.
 Curt in one of the bunkers on 8.
 A view from the right edge of hole 10.
 Another view down the right side of 10.
Another hole 10 shot
 And one shot into the green on 10.
 The second shot on the par 5 11th.
 The green of the 11th.
 The green on the par 3 12th.
 The tee shot on 13.
 Curt teeing it up on 13.
 Curt's drive found the first fairway bunker down the right on 13.
 The approach from the right side on 13.
 A view of the approach down the fairway on 13.
 The tee shot on 14.
 A view of the second shot on 14.
 The uphill par 4 16th.
 The tee shot on the par 4 18th.
 The approach into the green on 18.
 A view from behind the 18th green with the clubhouse in the background.

I ended up shooting an 82 from the black tees.

No comments:

Post a Comment