Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Golfing the Links at Northfork

September is almost over and this weekend can aptly be named her swan song.  Temps in the high 70s every day.  I took a half day today to play The Links at Northfork in Ramsey, MN.

Today was one of those rare days up here where there was hardly any wind.  The course was playing the easiest I have seen it.  All of the long fescue on the course has pretty much dried up so you can actually find your ball in most areas unlike earlier in the year.
I joined a threesome at the tee.  The were playing blacks but I played back at the golds.  Golds are 6653 yards.

My playing partners were Dave (in orange), Kevin (on the tee), and Pete.  Nice guys.  Dave even let me ride in his cart.  Dave is getting his hip replaced next week.  I cant imagine playing golf on something like that.  Good luck to him recovering after that.  Hopefully he will get back to the course before long.

I continued to drive the ball really well.  The only bad shots I hit today were two hybrids.  One on 12 and one on 15.  Both times I pulled them badly but still was in play.  I cleared the mound on 5, and received a round of compliments from my partners and 2 rangers that were watching.

Once I got off the tee, I was a bit wayward.  I hit a few GIR and made easy pars then.  Unfortunately I missed a lot of greens.

 Not sure what kind of rough they have around the greens but it is really gnarly stuff.  I had a heck of a time playing chips well.

 The result was a lot of far par putts with no conversion, leaving a lot of bogeys.

But hey, the day was perfect.  One of the best golf weather days  of the year.  The company was fun and I wasn't working!  Woot!


I ended up shooting a 85.  Not bad but it could have been a lot lower if I could have just hit more greens.  That and I had 8 bunkers hit.  I got out of them all but that is 8 more strokes I could have saved.



No comments:

Post a Comment