Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

The new Bridgestone B330S balls for 2016

Waiting for golf season to arrive always drives me a little stir crazy.  I end up thinking about golf a lot and then thinking about spending money on what toys to buy for the impending season.

Cases in point, the recent purchases of the Game Golf Live system, my new rain gear, my new Golf Pride MMC Plus 4 grips, and now a couple of boxes of the new 2016 Bridgestone B330S golf balls.


I have been using these balls pretty exclusively since around 2012 when I had my complete bag fitting at Totally Driven.  Since then I had a supplemental ball fitting by Bridgestone reps who demonstrated that last year's model provided around an extra 5 yards compared to the previous generation ball.

This year the ball gets some new features.  A lot of marketing is involved but the highlights are:

  1. A larger core with a sharper change in hardness of the core to allow less spin off the driver.
  2. A new cover material called SlipRes.  This is supposed to allow for higher spin on wedges, lower spin on drivers and some kind of miracle "self-repairing" cover.  No idea what that means but if this ball actually cleans itself I am sold!
  3. A seamless cover design.  Without having any seem the dimple pattern supposedly makes for more consistent flight.
Like I said heavy on the marketing-speak.  I do know I love the feel of the B330s.  I think they compare just as favorably to any ball out there, including the Pro V.  With deals to be had they are significantly cheaper too.  I scored these for around $35 a dozen making them about $10 less that a box of Pro Vs

The new 2016 model is on the left.  last years model is on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment