Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

First round of the year!



This week is the first sustained warm weather of the spring.  I had a chance to get out today at The Links at Northfork.  It was a beautiful day though the winds were howling up at The Links.  This was my first chance to try out my new Game Golf Live unit.

I thought using it during the round proved to be very seamless.  I did have one hole where the somehow it tagged my gap wedge in the middle of the fairway before I even got to my ball and introduced an extra stroke on the hole.  That was easy enough to fix on my phone.  It did kill my phone's battery though,  I barely made it through the round with me just using my phone to check the shot tracking at the end of each hole.  Anyways a really great product impression after its first use.

My first solid strike of the day was my tee shot on 4 that I hit in close.  Missed the bird though.

With the wind howling my driving was a bit up and down.  Into the wind I was hitting 230 yard drives, and one I wasn't into the teeth of it I gained a another 50-60 yards.  So my club averages were all over the place today.  Not that one round is enough of a sample size for that anyways.
Downwind, I got onto the 10th hole in 2.  I just missed the eagle putt with the ball burning the high side of the hole.  A tap in bird though.

Despite sketchy ball striking I managed to score really well.  Base primarily on some close approaches and a solid chipping day.  I ended up with only 26 putts for the day!
My tee shot on 17 landed 2 feet short of the pin with a baby draw.  I made this one for my third bird on the back.

My final score was a 76.  That included 3 birdies on the back, on 10, 11, and 17.  On the front I had a single bogey and the rest all pars, mostly by smoke and mirrors.

You can check out the full round on the Game Golf site.  I think that the round tracking is one of the best things about this app.
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/kristazio/round/827281


No comments:

Post a Comment