Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

New Grips

I usually change my grips annually but for some reason didn't last year.  One of the things I have always wondered is what larger grips would be like. I have always played standard grips but feel my hands a re maybe just a little big for them. I decided this year to pickup one of the new Golf Pride MMC Plus 4 Midsize grips.  This grip only comes in one color this year- grey.

The MMC Plus 4 is a new take on the great Multi Material Compound (MMC) grips.  With the Plus 4 the lower portion of the grips does not taper as much so the grip is larger for your lower hand.


I decided that I should just try it on one club first to see what it felt like before investing in a whole set of new grips.  These grips are not cheap- about $10 and change per grip so a whole set for your clubs is not a insignificant investment.

It is still early spring here in Minnesota, aka there is still snow around and the grass is not yet growing.  Regardless I took my newly gripped club, my Adams V3 19 degree hybrid, to the Braemar Golf Dome to try it out.

The result?

Unbelievable!

I felt like the contact with ball was so much more powerful.  Golf Pride claims the benefit of the MMC Plus 4 is that by not tapering the club as much your lower hand is able to grip lighter and thus you are able to swing faster.  I don't know if that is the case but I have to say I loved it!

Aside from the larger diameter this grip also has a redesigned pattern on the lower rubber portion of this hybrid club.  I usually play the regular MMCs and this new design feels a lot grippier.



With this trial being so successful I decided to stop on my way home and get enough grips to do my woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment