Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

First outing in Minnesota for 2015

I always consider Masters weekend to be the start of golf season.  Unfortunately for us Minnesotans, Masters time doesn't always mean the snow is gone from the tundra.  This year however, Masters Sunday was a fairly nice day.  Lisa and I decided to play 9 holes with our friends Michael and Carrie before the TV coverage began.

The grass is just starting to green up but isn't really growing just yet.  That is a good thing for golfers as the rough is essentially non-existent.

I played OK for not having swung a club in 2 months.  The irons were a bit iffy and putting was bad.  I left every single putt short.  I guess that can be expected as the greens were very slow and bumpy- nowhere near what they will be once things come in.

Michael tees off on 1 

As does Carrie 

The 2nd hole is a lot more open now that they cleared out the trees down the left 

Lisa driving the tight par 5 6th hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment