Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

A Glorious Day for Golf

Friday was one of those great days with temps in the mid 60s and no wind at all.  A great day to spend at The Links at Northfork.  I got up early and headed up to Ramsey.  I actually arrived too early.  No one was at the course at all except for a couple of maintenance guys.  Since I couldn't check in or get range tokens, I headed to the loop.  I love the 3 hole loop that the Links has.  I wish more courses offered something similar.  It is such a great way to warm up and practice real shots instead of just hitting at the range.

My first ball of the day I hit right down the middle and had about 80 yards in.  I thought it was close but when I got up to the green I saw how close.
Golf can be a funny game sometimes.  How did that not go in?

Anyways soon my friends showed up and we were off for a great round on a Friday morning.  I teed it up with Michael, Chung, and Damon.

None of us played that great.  Chung had probably the best round, despite a couple of blow up holes.  he finished with an 81 and a mountain of skins on the last hole.  Grrr.

I shot an 83.  I had some truly horrendous chips in there.  Man I need to work on the short game.

No comments:

Post a Comment