Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Sighting of a mighty albatross

I was lucky enough to get out of the Minnesota non-Spring season and head down to Scottsdale again for some golf.  I went with a couple of friends.

Yesterday we played the TPC Scottsdale Champions Course.  My friend Keith scored an albatross on the par 5 17th.  He had 203 yards into the green on his second shot.  He hit a hybrid and just flushed it.  It landed on the green, rolling towards the pin.  I told him "I think that just hit the pin and dropped in the hole".  Neither he nor Michael, who was also playing, believed it.  They thought it rolled off the back of the green instead.

Keith started to walk to the back of the green but decided to look in the hole on the way by, and sure enough, the ball was in the cup!

The first and probably last one of those I will witness.

Congratulations Keith!

The ball shown here was my third shot, which I converted for bird.  Doesn't stand up to Keith's shot of the year.

On a related note, on the very next hole Michael drilled his approach shot into the cup from 123 yards.  it was for a par, after a water landing off the tee, but still a remarkable shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment