Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Columbia League Play Week 2

A beautiful weather night for our second week of the Minneapolis league at Columbia.  I finally made some signs of progress with my driver.  By weakening my grip on my right hand I seem to be able to remove my crashing dives off the tee.  It is taking some work as it feels very awkward.

Week 2 we took on the back nine.  Our opponents in match play were Bruce and James.  This week it was Michael and I.  I 3 putted the first hole to set up the bogey train I would ride pretty much all night.  I did fall off the tracks with pars on 7 and 8 and double bogeys on 2 holes.  The doubles came on holes where I tried to be aggressive and sink a par putt from a long distance, as Michael had already gotten in for the match.  In both cases I hit too far and missed the come back.

The back nine was in good shape except for the fairways (especially 11 and 13) that are so lumpy, it is ridiculous.  They seriously need to introduce more drainage features on those holes.  More ash tree removal is easily apparent on holes 14.

So I ended with a 45.  Crud.  On a positive note, we ended up winning all 5 points.  It came down to the final hole, which Michael salvaged with a bogey.


No comments:

Post a Comment