Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

2013 Update

Call my lazy. 

We are into June, almost the middle of the month and I have yet to blog about a single round of golf. 

Never mind that spring in Minnesota has been rubbish.  We have had rain on something like 28 of the last 32 days.  For prudent courses, that have kept carts on the paths, that just means plugged balls and extra tall rough.  For courses without the foresight, or so strapped for revenue. to let carts wander about, that means ruts the size of small interstates weaving through the fairways.

So far this year I made a first ever out of state golf trip with my friends Keith and Michael to Scottsdale for some awful golfing on some unbelievably beautiful courses.  Aside from that trip, which involved 6 rounds in 4 days, I have played a total of 4 eighteen hole rounds, 1 charity eighteen scramble, and 5 nine hole rounds during league play.  That is 243 holes played this year.  For comparison that is down 3 1/2 rounds from the 306 holes played last year at the same time.  That is actually not bad and is considerably more golf than it has felt like.  Though in fairness, if you take out the golf trip, I have only played 135 holes during the golf season in Minnesota.  That is only 7.5 rounds, compared to 17 rounds last year.

This years wrinkle is an injury.  In February I hurt my right shoulder lifting weights.  Since that time it has caused mild chronic pain, that was re-aggravated by a weekend helping my sister and her family move.  Yesterday I played a round at Stonebrooke Golf Club that was so putridly, shamefully, awful that it has me questioning the viability of the rest of the golf season.  This morning I had an MRI to confirm the suspected cause- a torn Labrum.  It sucks getting old.

Pending the doctor's visit I may be shutting it down early.  I hope not, as I still have several planned tournaments and golf trips this year.  More importantly, the sun has finally decided to make an appearance in the land of 10,000 clouds.

I hope to back fill my blog with posts about 2013 to date.  For now, accept my apologies for the lack of content, and happy golfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment