Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pebble Beach

Well there is still 6 inches of snow on the ground in Minneapolis but today I took a trip to Pebble Beach to watch my friends play.



I didn't have to take a flight for this.  I actually just drove over to Minnetonka to Bunker Indoor Golf.  A indoor simulator facility with 12 full swing simulators and a putting green area.


I arrived a bit late and by then they were already on the 4th hole. I didn't play as I am nursing a month old shoulder injury.  Hoping to be recovered by the time I need to swing for real.  My friends Keith, Michael, and Tom generally were impressed and said the distances seemed fairly accurate.  Chipping and putting were a bit unrealistic but the full swings seemed realistic.

 A shot of Tom with perfect position at the top.

The round of play took just over 3 hours to do.  Putts were given if inside of 10 feet.  Only 2 putts were made from outside of 10 feet.

 Keith on the 18th.  Not quite as impressive as the real thing but Keith hit a great drive.  Just to the left of the famous fairway trees.

Vigen teeing it up, also on 18.  He faded his tee shot right into one of the bunkers down that side.

With the gimmie putts the scores were a touch hard to stand up but Michael won with a 92.  Keith had a 97, with an impressive 41 back nine.  Tom finished with a 45-55 even 100 round.

This was actually a pretty fun looking thing to keep the rust knocked off in the Winter.  I am looking at maybe trying a similar facility in Chaska at the end of this month.  Hopefully my shoulder will be recovered by then and I can start to work on getting some kind of swing back in preparation for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment