Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Columbia Golf League Week 12

After last night we have three more weeks to go in the regular season.  Before last night we were in third place back 4 points.  This week we took on Gary Kjos and Scott Barnes.
Mike had a rough start of the round but I played well enough to win the first half points.  We took the holes 3 to 1.  On the back side it came down to the last hole, the dreaded 9th.  I don't know what it is about that hole but every time I play it I hit a good drive to the fairway, am sitting 100 yards out and every time so far I have skulled my approach shot.  This time was no different but fortunately this time, I hit it so thin that I did not fly the green. Instead I ended up rolling just to the front edge of the green.  I had a fairly good chip to about 3 feet.  My putt for par was to hard and I hit through the break, missing the hole.  Mike managed to get on in 2 and got down in 2 for his par.  We took the hole, and with that the back half and the total holes points, for a clean sweep 5.

I shot a 41 and Mike had a 46.  It was good to finally win all 5 points again.   Hopefully we will have gained some points on the leaders this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment