Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Columbia Golf League Week 10

This week we took on team 15 Chris Neher and Jay Nelson.  I showed up to the course on time for the first time in a couple of weeks but Mike was a little late and showed up right before we teed off.  This week mike gave me some incentives to golf good:
1 drink if I got 2 birdies or an eagle
1 drink if I shot under 39
1 drink if we won all 5 points

This week we played the front half.

I had tree trouble on the first 2 holes and got bogeys on both.  On the third hole I three putted for yet another bogey.  Then on hole 4 I finally got it together and made birdie.  Hole 5 I had a great one putt for another birdie.  back to back!  So one of the drinks was won.!  We also took the first half of the points so things were looking good.

On hole 6, I hit a high tee shot that left me 220 yards out.  I hit a good 4 iron but it ballooned in the wind and ended up short and right of the green.  I was unable to get up and down from there so I recorded another bogey.

Hole 7 I had a tap in par after just missing what would have been my third birdie.

So going into 8 I was 2 over.  I hit my tee shot on 8 onto the green but was left of the hole  had a fairly long putt.  I ended up leaving it terribly short and missed the next giving me another three putt bogey.  Mike also was on in one and missed his par putt, causing us to push the hole.  This cost us as we were then even on the back instead of being up one.

So onto 9, and 3 over.  All I need to do is to make par to shoot a 39.  I hit a good tee shot and was 100 yards out in the middle of the fairway.  Unfortunately I skulled my second over the green and down the massive hill that is behind the green.  With a bad third shot I was on the fringe.  Another chip onto the green and two putts gave me a 6 for the hole.

No celebratory 39 drink for me.  Also Mike was inspired by my putrid shot and also skulled his shot over the green.  He also got a 6 on the hole.  We ended up loosing the back half to our opponents and split the total holes won, so we only received 2.5 points.

All in all I played well with a 41 but it felt worse with that awful last hole.

We did drop out of first place and were 1 point back going into this week so with only 2.5 points there is no guarantee we did not fall further behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment