Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Columbia Golf League Week 5

Week 5 at Columbia actually found improved conditions on the course. 

Still the slow greens play havoc on my putting.  I missed 3 putts inside of 3 feet.  Totally awful.  On the 9th hole, we were tied with oour competitors, Jay and Paul, for the second half of the match's points.  Whoever won the hole would get the points.  Both Paul and Jay hit safe short shots.  Mike hit to the right up in the trees and I hit a good 3 wood down the middle.  My ball actually rolled through the fairway and was in the rough.  Only problem is the ground it was sitting on was like a rock.  My club bounced of the ground and I ended up sculling my shot over the green, and hence down the hill on the backside about 40 yards too long.  I was able to get back up on the green but I rocketed my putt for par past the green nearly as far as I had to begin the putt.  Truly awful.

Still I found out Mike and I are leading the league after 2 weeks and we still managed to take 3 out of 5 points for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment