Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Warm weather forecast

I mentioned recently that we had our first 50 degree day forecasted.  Seems like we are going to be getting warmer still.  I say a forecast for next week with temps in the mid 60s.  With this forecasted warmth I have started to receive notices of course openings.

For instance, Stonebrook is set to open March 14.  It is a little hard to get excited though since I awoke to snow falling this morning.  It seems like courses are trying to stretch the golf season out longer (I get it, helping the bottom line) but I question why you would want to golf when the gress is still largely dormant.  Also, I wonder if these early/late golf rounds hurt course conditions.  It seems like heavy traffic before the course is fully awake would be hard on the course and likely to delay having a course in good shape when the real season begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment