Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Golfing Inverwood- My dad's first time out

My dad and I went to Inverwood on Saturday March 24th.  This was my dads first time out for the year.  A record for him playing this early.

Here are some pics:
The green on 18.  We played at 11 but there was still quite a bit of dew on the greens.

 The opening holes on the course.  To thew right is the 1st, then to the left is the first of the executive, and far right is the 10th.

My dad with his first tee shot of the year on hole 1.  Too bad the ball went OB left of hole 1.

 The tee on hole 2.
The fairway on hole 2.  A little winter kill.

The tree on hole 4 with the green in the background.  Not sure how much longer that treee will be there, I think it is pretty much dead.

The approach to hole 5.  Typically a tough hole because the green slopes from front to back and you usually need to carry the bunkers,  Today the pin was exposed and I actually took advantage, scoring a bird here.

 The green on hole 5 as seen from the 6th tee.

The 6th hole looks different this year.  They have cleared out the tree on the right of the hole.  Makes the hole seem a lot more open.

My dad hitting his tee shot on the herculean hole 8.  This hole is a bear.  I ripped a drive and still had 200 yards to an uphill green.  I cam up short but chipped on and got down for par.

I played decent and recorded a 43.  I had 2 birdies, one on 5 and one on 9.  A couple of pars and then a whole bunch of less than stellar scores.

The weather was really nice today.  More 70 degree temps.  A little cool to start off with clouds but once the sun came out it was a splendid Saturday.  Tomorrow I am supposed to play Dwan in Bloomington.   More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment