Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The agony

First off, I am still here.  Sorry I have been very busy this summer and as such my blogging has been very delinquent.

In this post I wanted to talk about that old adage: "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades".  Such a true statement as it relates to golf.  In a recent round I nearly had 2 aces!

At the Links at Northfork, on the 4th hole I hit a wedge which landed right behind the hole, hopped back careened off the stick and kicked off the green.  I ended up making a 2 putt par from the fringe.


On the 17th hole, I just missed the cup to the left and the ball bounded forward one hop.  I made birdie on this one.

Of course had I made both of these, I would have had to retired from golf.  Alas, close is only close in golf, so I keep on playing another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment