Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Golfing Chaska Town Course

So my game has gone down the tubes this year.  I finally broke down and started to take lessons from Jeff Sorenson at Columbia Golf Course.  Jeff is a really nice guy and knows his stuff.  He has had me change a lot of things and it is taking time to take hold but I am seeing glimpses of success.

On Sunday I went out with my wife and father and played Chaska Town Course.  The day turned out to be beautiful- though windy.

The round started well, I parred the first 3 holes.  The 4th hole I hit a bit long and was in the rough behind the green.  I ended up making bogey and then I kind of went off the rails for the rest of the front nine.

I call the back nine "one of these things doesn't belong here".  After just two bogeys, both on the par 3s (I failed to hit a green on any of the three-shotters), I had a devastating 9 on 17.

I blocked 2 balls left O.B. off the tee.  Another shot left me short of the green.  I pitched just to the front collar.  A flubbed chip and a one putt provided a stunning quintuple bogey!

Steaming, I went to the 18th hole and channeled some anger into an absolutely smushed tee shot that left me around 210 yards out.  It was the furthest I have ever driven the 18th hole, well past the bunkers and over 310 yards, all told.  I hit a strong 6 iron to about 20 yards short of the green.  I pitched on but it ran across the green.  However, I was able to get back up and down for a par.

Like I said, signs of life.  I just need to hit a ton of balls to get the changes I am working on ingrained.


No comments:

Post a Comment