Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Golfing Sawmill for the last time in 2011 YTD

The Minnesota golf season is drawing to a close.  On Friday the 28th I played Sawmill for the third consecutive week.  The golf season in Minnesota normally ends mid October but due to unseasonable temperatures it was extended this year to the 31st so I guess this trip to Sawmill was my last official round of the year!

The last couple of weeks have been great playing out at Sawmill.  I think fewer people are coming out.  I don't know why since the weather has been great.  Fewer people has helped the greens get to be in great shape.  There are hardly any marks and they are rolling really well.

Sawmill has a lot of trees on the course but the grounds crew does a great job keeping course free of leaves.  So the great playing conditions and thin tee sheets have allowed for several sub 3 hour rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment