Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Back from Orlando

My first Golf trip of the year has wrapped up.  My trip to Orlando with my dad was an unforgettable experience.  The variety and caliber of the courses was amazing.  The company was tremendous, and I even played some pretty fine golf for the start of the year.

My Dad and I at the Waldorf Astoria #8

I will be doing a detailed write up of each course- hopefully soon.  Here is a quick recap:

The Waldorf Astoria Golf Club- An exceptionally well manicured course.  Extremely tight throughout.  Most holes discourage the use of a driver.  I probably could have kept driver in the bag and used other woods exclusively.  Lots of water and sand.  Every green is elevated with disaster long.

Streamsong Red and Blue- The finest courses, and greatest rounds of golf I have ever had the fortune to play.  Otherworldly scenery, lighting fast greens, wildlife everywhere, and the best service I have experienced golfing.  After my round I actually went around and thanked all the staff I could for such a special day.  If you are near Orlando or planning to be, take a day and go here.

Grand Cypress Golf Club New Course- A really fun round of golf on an interpretation of the Old Course by Jack Nicklaus.  Massive fairways made for easy tee shots.  Creative use of native plants to look like gorse, cavernous pot bunkers, and greens with false fonts, backs, sides, and middles made for a very challenging round.

Orange Country National Crooked Cat Course- The most comfortable round of golf of the trip.  A course that reminded me a lot of courses back in Minnesota.  The course offers tour caliber practice facilities and a pro shop larger than most big-box golf retailers.  This is home to frequent Q-School stops and is rated as the number one municipal course in Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment